If you are interested in serving NAVBO, please consider submitting your application for Council.
The NAVBO Council is pleased to announce a Call for Submissions for Councilors. Any Regular member in good standing is eligible to run for the position of Councilor. If you are interested please submit an application (link below). The deadline for nominations will be April 5.
• Three-year term (July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2022)
• Available for monthly conference calls (usually afternoon hours in EST)
• Attend at least two face-to-face meetings during a three-year term
• Willing to work or take lead on projects as needed and as they develop
• Work with NAVBO administration to actively recruit and retain members (personal emails and phone calls may be required at times)
• Participate in efforts to solicit potential sponsors (including corporate members, exhibitors, etc.)
• Promote meetings of the society
• Work in ad hoc sub-committees as they become necessary
• NAVBO Council is the Board of Directors and as such is responsible for the fiscal health of the society
• Key part of the decision-making process regarding meeting site selection, overall content/focus of meetings, partnerships, co-sponsors, etc.
• Confirm that you are a member in good standing (dues paid through or past June 30, 2019)
• Complete online application by April 5, 2019
• Upload CV (NIH biosketch is preferred)
• Basic profile information
• Brief statement concerning your objectives for NAVBO
• Applications will be reviewed by a sub-committee of the current Council (http://www.navbo.org/about-us/officers-and-committees)
• Only six applicants will be chosen to run for two positions
• Voting by the general membership (regular members only) will take place mid to late spring
• Notification of election results will be shared in late June (on web site, through Newsletter, via direct email to those that ran)