Lymphatic Forum 2017
June 8-10, 2017
Thorne Auditorium, Downtown Campus
Travel and Poster Awards are being provided by the following organizations:
The Journal of Clinical Investigation is offering a $500US Poster Award for a young investigator. No membership affiliation is required.
The Lymphatic Education & Research Network is offering Travel Awards (20 total of $500 US currency) for young investigators who are LE&RN members (PhD students, medical students and postdocs) to defray registration and travel costs associated with attending the Lymphatic Forum 2017-Exploring the Lymphatic Continuum. In addition, four Best Poster Presentation awards (one $1,000 US currency and three $500 US currency) will be given to the top posters presented. Travel awards are NOT available for local participants (defined as "residing within a 25 mile radius of the meeting venue") to attend the conference. If you are not yet a member of LE&RN, go to http://lymphaticnetwork.org/supporting-member
The North American Vascular Biology Organization will present five Travel Awards at $500US each to young investigators (graduate, PhD or medical students, postdoctoral and research fellows or residents) that are members of NAVBO. Travel awards are not available for local participants (defined as "residing within a 25 mile radius of the meeting venue") to attend the conference. If you are not yet a member of NAVBO, go to http://www.navbo.org/membership/join-navbo
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR TRAVEL AWARDS FOR LYMPHATIC FORUM 2017
Deadline extended to April 10.
To apply, prospective candidates must:
- be actively enrolled in a doctoral program, residency or accredited program of postdoctoral graduate education in the biomedical sciences
- provide a blog post summarizing the meeting and their experience at the event
- be a member of LE&RN or NAVBO (no member affiliation required for the JCI award or Boehringer Ingelheim Stiftung (BIS) awards)
- reside more than 25 miles from the conference
To be considered for a Travel Award, the following information is required:
- Submit an abstract to the Lymphatic Forum 2017 (click Abstracts on the left)
- Provide your Curriculum Vitae (CV) or National Institutes of Health biographical sketch*
- indicate that you are applying for this award within the online abstract submission form (choose the one with the appropriate society affiliation; you can choose both if you are a member of both societies)
Travel award recipients will be determined by a joint society committee after candidates have met all eligibility requirements. Checks will be presented to the recipients at the meeting at a specified date and time, which is yet to be determined.