July 13-18, 2019
The scholarship application has been closed. Successful applicants have been notified.
Scholarships will be awarded based on need - for those who wish to attend but do not have funding available within their department or institution. Eligible applicants must be students, postdoctoral fellows, technicians, clinical fellows, or instructors.
Applications will be accepted online only - complete the submission form by following the link below. Applications will be accepted through May 15 - this deadline will be strictly adhered to - thank you.
The number of scholarships will be based on available funding, awards may be up to $1,000 and can ONLY be used for conference-related expenses. This is limited to conference travel, registration, hotel, and workshop fees.
Applications must be accompanied by:
1) A statement from the applicant that addresses the following questions/statements (please note the word limit and include the question at the beginning of each section):
- Please provide a layman summary of your project. (Describe in 300 words, the disease or basic scientific question that you are investigating, the hypothesis, methods used, results and conclusions).
- Where do you, the applicant, see yourself in 5 years? (100 words)
- What is the main reason that we should select you for this scholarship? (100 words)
- Tell us how you plan to spend this scholarship money. Be as specific as possible. (100 words)
2) A letter from your supervisor/PI that:
- verifies your status within the lab/department (be specific - 3rd year graduate student; post doc in lab for two years, etc.)
- confirms that there are little to no funds available for you to attend Vasculata
The above documents should be in pdf format, documents should be uploaded to the online submission.
It is NOT necessary to submit an abstract to qualify for the scholarship. However, we encourage all attendees to submit an abstract. See "Submit an Abstract" in the left menu.
Please note: scholarship recipients will be required to provide receipts for their expenses and funds will be reimbursements. Checks will be issued after the meeting.