MARY WALLINGFORD, PH.D.
July 1, 2021
Mother Infant Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center
Molecular Cardiology Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center
Placental Vascular Development and Disease
Members of the laboratory:
Ana Correia-Branco, PhD, Postdoctoral Research Fellow (TMC)
Nirmala Jayaraman, BS, Graduate Student Co-op (TMC)
Hamida Giwa, Undergraduate Student (Tufts University), BDBS Scholar, Summer 2021
Radhika Sharma, Undergraduate Student (Tufts University)
Sreehari Pillai, High School Student (The Institute of Education, Dublin, Ireland), Research Science Institute (RSI) International, Summer 2021
Vineetha Mathew, BS, Medical Student (TUSM)
Jun Kai Yeong, High School Student (Nus High School of Math and Science, Singapore, SG), RSI International, Summer 2021
Recent Members - Current Contributors:
Ariel Mei, BS, Simmons University
Molly Mann, BS, Wellesley College
Nimish Adhikari, BS, Tufts University
Olga Kashpur, PhD, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Chavkin NW, Leaf EM, Brooks KE, Wallingford MC, Lunn SM, Giachelli CM. Adaptor protein RapGEF1 is required for ERK1/2 signaling in response to elevated phosphate in vascular smooth muscle cells. Journal of Vascular Research. 2021; May 5(1-9). doi: 10.1159/000516044.
- Feng Weng et al. Deficient Spermiogenesis in mice lacking Rlim. Elife. 2021; Feb 23;10:e63556. doi: 10.7554/eLife.63556.
- Ake TL et al. Universal DNA methylation age across mammalian tissues. bioRxiV. 2021; Jan 19; doi: 10.1101/2021.01.18.426733
- Nguyen C, Correia-Branco A, Adhikari N, Mercan E, Mallidi V*, and Wallingford MC*. New Frontiers in Placenta and Extraembryonic Tissue Imaging. EMJ Radiology. 2020; 1(1):54-62. doi: 10.33590/emjradiol/19-00210.
- Correia-Branco A, Rincon M, Pereira L, and Wallingford MC. Inorganic phosphate in the pathogenesis of pregnancy-related complications. IJMS. 2020; 21(15):5283. doi: 10.3390/ijms21155283.
- Correia-Branco A, Kallol S, Adjikari N, Caiaffa CD, Jayaraman N, Kashpur O, and Wallingford MC. Placental Calcification: Longstanding Questions and New Biomedical Research Directions. Chapter 13 in Aikawa E and Hutchinson J, Cardiovascular Calcification and Bone Mineralization, Springer Nature Publishers. July, 2020. ISBN 978-3-030-46724-1.
- Wallingford MC, Tarui T, Jayaraman N, Huggins GS, Dighe MK. Application of Dynamic Contrast Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging to Evaluate Angiogenic Response and Vascular Permeability. ATVB. 2019; 39(8):1507-1509. doi: 10.1161/ATVBAHA.119.312972.
- Biwer LA, Wallingford MC, Jaffe IZ. Vascular Mineralocorticoid Receptor: Evolutionary Mediator of Wound Healing Turned Harmful by Our Modern Lifestyle. Am J Hypertens. 2019 Jan 15;32(2):123-134. doi: 10.1093/ajh/hpy158.
- Wallingford MC, Benson C, Chavkin NW, Chin MT and Frasch MG. Placental vascular calcification and cardiovascular health: It is time to determine how much of maternal and offspring health is written in stone. Frontiers in Physiology. 2018; 9:1044-1052. doi: 10.3389/fphys.2018.01044.
- Carrie German, PhD, CFD Research Corporation, https://www.cfd-research.com/
- Isabelle R. Draper, PhD, Molecular Cardiology Research Institute (MCRI), Tufts Medical Center
- Karen K. Hirschi, PhD, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Martin Frasch, MD, PhD, https://sites.google.com/frasch.ca/fraschlab/
- Miranda Good, PhD, Molecular Cardiology Research Institute (MCRI), Tufts Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine https://www.tuftsmedicalcenter.org/physiciandirectory/miranda-good
- Perrie O’Tierney-Ginn, PhD, Mother Infant Research Institute (MIRI), Tufts Medical Center; www.placentascience.com
- Sasha Singh, PhD, Center for Interdisciplinary Cardiovascular Sciences, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, https://cics.bwh.harvard.edu/research_groups/sasha_singh_group
- Stryder Meadows, PhD, Cell and Molecular Biology Dept, Tulane University, https://meadowslab.squarespace.com
- Tomoko Kaneko-Tarui, MD, PhD, Mother Infant Research Institute (MIRI), Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, https://www.tuftsmedicalcenter.org/news-events-media/in-the-news/miri/tomoko
- Vicky Yang, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (Cardiology), Tufts University Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, https://vet.tufts.edu/research/research-environment/labs/yang-laboratory/
- Poster: Interaction of Inorganic Phosphate and Unfolded Protein Response (UPR) in Placenta. Ana Correia-Branco, Society for Reproductive Investigation (SRI), July, 2021.
- Poster: Alterations in Inorganic Phosphate and Calcium Maternal Excretion Associate with Gestational Age and Parity. Ana Correia-Branco, SRI, July, 2021.
- Poster: The developmental mouse placenta proteome identifies dynamic temporal changes. Mary Wallingford, SRI, July, 2021.
- Poster: Characterization of hnRNP L Protein Dynamics in the Mouse Embryo and Placenta. Isabelle Draper, Northeastern Society for Developmental Biology (NESDB), April, 2021.
- Poster: Characterization of Preclinical Models for the Study of Pregnancy and Placentation in HHT. Ariel Mei, NESDB, April, 2021.
- Poster: Chorioallantoic Placental Morphogenesis Failure in Slc20a1/PiT-1 Null Mice.
- Ana Correia-Branco, NESDB, April, 2021.
- Talk: The Developmental Mouse Placenta Proteome Identifies Dynamic Temporal Changes. Mary Wallingford, NESDB, virtual, April, 2021.
- Talk: Essential Yet Transient: An Introduction to the Placental Circulatory System. Mary Wallingford, NAVBO Webinar, virtual, June, 2020.
- Talk: Vascular Development of the Hemochorial Placenta. Boston Angiogenesis Meeting (BAM). Mary Wallingford, Boston, MA, Nov 2019.