Claudia Rodrigues, Ph.D.
February 1, 2022
Florida Atlantic University
Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine
Department of Biomedical Science
Dr. Rodrigues joined the Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine as Assistant Professor in 2007, where she developed a research program focused on endothelial cell and vascular progenitor biology with emphasis in cardiovascular disease. In August 2021, Dr. Rodrigues joined Florida Atlantic University Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine as an Associate Professor in the Department of Biomedical Science. Her research program remains focused on endothelial cell biology in cardiovascular disease, but has also been currently expanded to aging and multiple acute and chronic disease settings, including metabolic, lung, kidney and neurodegenerative diseases. Among Dr. Rodrigues main discoveries is the novel role for the transcription c-Myc in endothelial-mediated inflammation. In addition to her research, Dr. Rodrigues is committed to education and training of young investigators.
- B.S. degree in Pharmacy in 1994 from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
- M.S. in 1996 from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) (Microbiology)
- M.D. in 1999 from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) (Biochemistry) and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign *International exchange program
- Postdoctoral training in vascular development at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) from 2003-2005
- Postdoctoral training in stem cell biology at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (Miami, FL) from 2005-2007.
Laboratory web site URL: